Every Wednesday, the West Virginia Wesleyan Sports Information Department will do a segment entitled "15 Questions With…" with a current student-athlete.
This week's student-athlete is Nick Bader, a senior shortstop from Bronx, N. Y.
1. What sport do you play?
2. What is your favorite athletic moment at Wesleyan?
This past spring break going down to Florida and Myrtle Beach with my teammates. We played a lot of strong teams and we played really well throughout the week and had a lot of fun after the games, definitely a trip I will always remember.
3. Describe your toughest practice at Wesleyan?
Last year we had practice every Tuesday and Thursday at 6:30 am. A lot of the time it was defensive drills… they were all tough and equally not a fun time.
"Jog and Stretch"
5. What was or is the favorite class you have taken at Wesleyan, what year was it and who taught the class?
Easily Intercultural Communications with Katherine Thweatt. I took it my sophomore year, we got to eat a lot of food and I learned a lot.
6. What is your favorite thing about Wesleyan?
My boys! Met a lot of people here that I will be close with for the rest of my life.
7. What was your initial thoughts of Buckhannon when you arrived as a freshman?
This is a lot different than New York.
8. What is your greatest strength? Weakness?
My greatest strength is that I will never give up on something no matter what it is. My greatest weakness is definitely having a hard time showing up on time to things.
9. Who is your hero? And Why?
My mother is my hero. She leaves her country and her family to come raise me in a country that she doesn't know the language, works day and night to make sure I have food to eat. She has by far shown me how to carry myself and how to be a man.
10. What question do you hate to answer?
What do you like to do for fun?
11. What is your favorite food?
Rice and beans with either steak or chicken and platano maduro (fried bananas)
12. What is your favorite restaurant in the entire world?
Big Nicks Restaurant in Manhattan, best food hands down!
13. Favorite vacation spot?
Costa Rica, beautiful country and I get to see my family.
14. What is the worst movie you have ever seen? The best movie you have ever seen?
I forgot the name of the worst movie I have ever seen, but pretty much the whole movie was about a rubber tire just rolling haha. The best movie I have ever seen has to be Anchorman, anything with will Ferrell is cool with me.
15. What advice you would give to freshmen on your team? Practice hard day in and day out no matter how tired you may be. Enjoy every day because time flies by and you are going to miss the rough 6:30 am practice days and working hard every day with the best group of guys you could ask for.