Every Wednesday, the West Virginia Wesleyan Sports Information Department will do a segment entitled "15 Questions With…" with a current student-athlete.
This week's student-athlete is Soren Dossing, a 6-1, 175-pound senior guard from Copenhagen, Denmark.
1. What sport do you play? Men's Basketball
2. What is your favorite athletic moment at Wesleyan? Making it to the conference tournament at Charleston my sophomore year. Playing against Bradley (A D1 school in Chicago) my sophomore year was a pretty fun experience too.
3. Describe your toughest practice at Wesleyan? It's not tough if you're having fun right? Haha, just kidding. Every single conditioning workout in the pre-season.
4. What is your favorite saying from your head coach? Ooh. There are so many. But I'll go with a simple one "Players play"
5. What was or is the favorite class you have taken at Wesleyan, what year was it and who taught the class? My favorite class is my International Business Management class I'm taking this semester with Prof. Krickard.
6. What is your favorite thing about Wesleyan? All the friendships you build here with teammates, other athletes and other students. There's just a great sense of togetherness.
7. What was your initial thoughts of Buckhannon when you arrived as a freshman? "Country roads.. Take me home.."
8. What is your greatest strength? Weakness? Greatest strength... I don't know. I'm a pretty decent ice cream eater. My greatest weakness is probably always being late to Prof. Dodson's classes
9. Who is your hero? My mom
10. What question do you hate to answer? "Can you say something in Danish?" And "What is your greatest strength/weakness?"
11. What is your favorite food? I have so many. But sushi is definitely one. And so is Mexican (for many reasons)!
12. What is your favorite restaurant in the entire world? My own bed with some pizza. Although Tackle Box (A Mexican restaurant in Georgetown, DC) is pretty good too.
13. Favorite vacation spot? Thailand, for sure.
14. What is the worst movie you have ever seen? The best movie you have ever seen? Best movie I have ever seen is Inception. I can't think of the worst. Probably because I fall asleep 20 minutes into a movie if it's bad.
15. What advice you would give to freshmen on your team? Pay attention and don't think you have all the answers. AND RUN A LOT IN THE SUMMER TO GET READY FOR CONDITIONING.