Every Wednesday, the West Virginia Wesleyan Sports Information Department will do a segment entitled "15 Questions With…" with a current student-athlete.
This week's student-athlete is Garrett Grantham, a junior guard from Shepherdstown, W. Va.
1. What sport do you play?
2. What is your favorite athletic moment at Wesleyan?
Going to Puerto Rico with the team my sophomore year.
3. Describe your toughest practice at Wesleyan?
Every day of the preseason this year! We ran, then ran, then ran some more!
4. What is your favorite saying from your head coach?
"It's not about the X's and the O's, its about the Johnny's and the Joe's.
5. What was or is the favorite class you have taken at Wesleyan, what year was it and who taught the class?
Sport Law, my sophomore year. David McCauley was the professor.
6. What is your favorite thing about Wesleyan?
I like how Wesleyan is a small campus and everyone gets along with everyone.
7. What was your initial thoughts of Buckhannon when you arrived as a freshman?
I am from Shepherdstown which is also a small town, so I initially thought it was very similar to home. However it's a lot farther away from any bigger city or anything so that took some getting use to.
8. What is your greatest strength? Weakness?
I think my personality is my greatest strength. Weakness? My biggest weakness is I hate public speaking.
9. Who is your hero?
My dad is my hero. He is the hardest working person I know. He will do anything for his family, and is very supportive.
10. What question do you hate to answer?
How tall are you?
11. What is your favorite food?
12. What is your favorite restaurant in the entire world?
13. Favorite vacation spot?
14. What is the worst movie/best movie you have ever seen?
High School Musical is the worst. The best was Fast 5 and/or Law Abiding Citizen. It's a tough decision.
15. What advice you would give to freshmen on your team?
Work hard and enjoy the four years you are in college because it flies by.