Every Wednesday, the West Virginia Wesleyan Sports Information Department will do a segment entitled "15 Questions With…" with a current student-athlete.
This week's student-athlete is Ja'Sahn Johnson, a senior forward from Upper Marlboro, Md.
1. What sport do you play?
I play for the Men's Basketball Team
2. What is your favorite athletic moment at Wesleyan?
I have to say that the best athletic moment at Wesleyan is when we beat Concord in three overtimes this season. I will never forget that game.
3. Describe your toughest practice at Wesleyan?
When I think of a tough practice while playing here, I think of preseason conditioning. Lol. It was rough.
4. What is your favorite saying from your head coach?
"You can't cheat the basketball gods"
5. What was or is the favorite class you have taken at Wesleyan, what year was it and who taught the class?
My favorite class had to be behavior modification with Dr. Calef. That was one of the first psychology classes I took here.
6. What is your favorite thing about Wesleyan?
My favorite thing about Wesleyan is the family oriented environment.
7. What was your initial thoughts of Buckhannon when you arrived as a freshman?
Lol. Well I came here as a junior transfer. When I first came here it was summer and nobody was on campus. The minute I stepped on campus I felt at home.
8. What is your greatest strength? Weakness?
My greatest strength I would have to say is being understanding. My greatest weakness is being too nice sometimes.
9. Who is your hero? And Why?
My hero is my mom. The older I have gotten the more I have realized the sacrifices she made to make sure I went down the right path. I am very thankful for her.
10. What question do you hate to answer?
When I'm on the phone and the person on the phone keeps asking, "Can you hear me?"
11. What is your favorite food?
Chicken and Shrimp pasta.
12. What is your favorite restaurant in the entire world?
This place called Gordon Biersch. It's located in Annapolis, Md.
13. Favorite vacation spot?
My favorite vacation spot has to be Myrtle Beach. There is so much to do.
14. What is the worst movie you have ever seen? The best movie you have ever seen?
The worst movie I have ever seen is The Last Airbender. The best movie I have ever seen is 300.
15. What advice you would give to freshmen on your team?
The advice I would give to the freshmen on my team is to remember who you are playing for (Family, Friends, God, or Yourself) and play to your highest potential.