Every Wednesday, the West Virginia Wesleyan Sports Information Department will do a segment entitled "15 Questions With…" with a current student-athlete.
This week's student-athlete is Brandon Kroll, a senior golfer from Clarksburg, W. Va.
1. What sport do you play?
2. What is your favorite athletic moment at Wesleyan?
Probably the beach trip we took when I was on the baseball team.
3. Describe your toughest practice at Wesleyan?
Golf is not the most physically strenuous activity, but walking the Stonewall course can definitely be brutal.
4. What is your favorite saying from your head coach?
We have a new coach, so I haven't really heard many sayings. But I'm sure he's got some for us.
5. What was or is the favorite class you have taken at Wesleyan, what year was it and who taught the class?
My favorite class here is probably Race, Class, and Power. I'm taking it this semester and Professor Scott teaches it.
6. What is your favorite thing about Wesleyan?
Just look anywhere on Instagram and you'll see. There is not a prettier sight in the world than our campus at sunset.
7. What was your initial thoughts of Buckhannon when you arrived as a freshman?
In high school, I hated Buckhannon. I didn't like playing their sports teams and hated listening to their fans. But when I came to Wesleyan, I quickly began to enjoy the small town feel of it.
8. What is your greatest strength? Weakness?
Strength- my intelligence. Weakness- I doubt myself far too much.
9. Who is your biggest hero?
10. What question do you hate to answer?
"Elle Woods got a 179 on the LSAT. What did you get?"
11. What is your favorite food?
Just about anything on Taco Bell's menu.
12. What is your favorite restaurant in the entire world?
13. Favorite vacation spot?
14. What is the worst movie you have ever seen? The best movie you have ever seen?
Worst- Big Trouble in Little China. Best- Les Miserables
15. What advice you would give to freshmen on your team?
Golf is 90% mental. Don't get down on yourselves, keep your heads up, and keep grinding.