Every Wednesday, the West Virginia Wesleyan Sports Information Department will do a segment entitled "15 Questions With…" with a current student-athlete.
This week's student-athlete is Wes Stowers, a junior from Oak Hill, W. Va.
1.What sport do you play?
Cross Country and Track
2. What is your favorite athletic moment at Wesleyan?
When our Men and Women's teams won all four Conference Championships last year. We won both Cross Country Titles and both Track.
3. Describe your toughest practice at Wesleyan?
Ten Mile Tempo runs are probably our toughest workouts. It's difficult to get mentally prepared for such a long distance and it's exhausting.
4. What is your favorite saying from your head coach?
"Let's do some carnage!"
5. What was or is the favorite class you have taken at Wesleyan, what year was it and who taught the class?
Deviance and Social Control my sophomore year (2014) and it was taught by Dr. Karen Miller.
6. What is your favorite thing about Wesleyan?
The size of the campus. I can wake up five minutes before class and still make it there early.
7. What was your initial thoughts of Buckhannon when you arrived as a freshman?
Buckhannon is about the same size as my home town, so it felt somewhat like home.
8. What is your greatest strength? Weakness?
I'm a very social person and get along well with most people. I procrastinate way too much.
9. Who is your hero?
My Father, he's the one that got me into running.
10. What question do you hate to answer?
"How's school going?"
11. What is your favorite food?
12. What is your favorite restaurant in the entire world?
13. Favorite vacation spot?
14. What is the worst movie you have ever seen? The best movie you have ever seen
The Expendables 3 was the worst; the best was The Sandlot
15. What advice you would give to freshmen on your team?
Don't skip summer training!