Every Wednesday, the West Virginia Wesleyan Sports Information Department will do a segment entitled "15 Questions With…" with a current student-athlete.
This week's student-athlete is Paulina Nottingham, a 5-6 junior setter from Champaign, Ill.
1. What sport do you play?
2. What is your favorite athletic moment at Wesleyan?
Playing Wheeling Jesuit in the MEC tournament last year because that was the best I have ever seen us play. We stressed one of the top NCAA DII teams in the nation.
3. Describe your toughest practice at Wesleyan?
My toughest practice was my preseason my freshman year, I wasn't completely prepared or ready for what collegiate practices would be like.
4. What is your favorite saying from your head coach?
I can't think of a specific quote from my head coach, because she always knows what to say and pushes me to work harder; either with an inspirational saying or a funny saying to make us laugh.
5. What was or is the favorite class you have taken at Wesleyan, what year was it and who taught the class?
My favorite class was my freshman seminar, Media and Health Care. It was taught by Dr. Smith and we watched medical TV shows and related them to the real medical field. It was very interesting and I really enjoyed it.
6. What is your favorite thing about Wesleyan?
My favorite thing about Wesleyan is the people. I love my team, I love all of the new people I have met, and I love my teachers.
7. What was your initial thoughts of Buckhannon when you arrived as a freshman?
My first initial thought of Buckhannon was that it was really small! I come from a bigger hometown, but I always have something to do.
8. What is your greatest strength? Weakness?
My greatest strength is my mental toughness, my biggest weakness is consistency on my outside sets.
9. Who is your hero?
One of my heroes would have to be my dad because he has always pushed me to work harder and give it my all and because he has worked extremely hard in his life.
10. What question do you hate to answer?
How old are you? (Because people always assume I'm younger than 18)
11. What is your favorite food?
Any type of pasta
12. What is your favorite restaurant in the entire world?
A local restaurant in my hometown called Seven Saints
13. Favorite vacation spot?
My favorite vacation I've ever been on is to Hawaii!
14. What is the worst movie you have ever seen? The best movie you have ever seen?
The best movie I have ever seen is Freedom Writers, I used to watch it every day after school.
15. What advice you would give to freshmen on your team?
I would tell freshman on my team to always push themselves, when you know you have given 100%, give more. You only get four years to play the sport you love so take advantage of every second of it.